Monday, January 10, 2011

College Football and other sports

Well tonight marks the end of the 2010 College Football Season - I'm sure before long my husband will have a countdown with a constant reminder of how many months,days,hours etc until the first college game.  I thought I would share a picture of Dani's first college football game which happened to be the FSU v South Carolina Bowl Game in Atlanta. We won!  Go NOLES!  (She was actually being shy in this picture)


Came across a blog that made me stop and think -- really think -- what all we can achieve in a year.  A YEAR seems like such a long time to do things but then once life sets in (and sometimes gets in the way) how many times do we stop doing what we had "planned" on doing and just push our desires to the back burner?  Well there is one guy out there that has set a goal to do 1000 things this year.... yep you read that right - 1000 things in 365 days.  Check out his blog -- if for anything to have something to read -- but really I think it may INSPIRE you!  What can you DO in a YEAR?

So what does it take to become a runner? I'm not really sure -- I grew up as a swimmer.  And as a swimmer you realize you have a lot of time to yourself.  And with all that time comes a lot of thinking.  That is the thing I miss most about swimming - being able to get a good workout and think to myself for a couple hours each day.  No phones to answer (we didn't have texting back then), no work to go to, no parents to answer to -- it was just you and the water.  So that being said - I think that's why a lot of runners enjoy running is because every day for just a little while they are cut off from the world.  And that's what I hope to get back to.  Me time - time to think, make good decisions, and PLAN.  And heck improve my way a life.  I've decided to do the C25K program --a bit modified-- for my knee problems.  I'll get there - I'm quite sure of that....  Will you be there for the journey?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I stumbled across your blog from 1 year...1000 Things. His blog has inspired me as well.

    I am, or rather was, a runner. I ran back in high school and you would be right that a lot of runners enjoy running because there is that time where it's just you and your thoughts. I plan to get back to running this year. Not that I need any more alone time then what I already have, but just to get fit.

    ReplyDelete